Congo Red Stain
- Product code: ACMBS-25
- Specifications: 3x20mL, 3x100mL (Box)
- Intended use: Intended for qualitative histological staining, selectively staining amyloid in tissues
- Store temperature: 5℃～30℃
- Expiry date: 18 Months
Amyloid substance has a selective affinity to Congo red and can be stained readily. Congo red, which is an azo dye with linear configuration, binds hydroxyl of amyloid substance with its amino group while clings on fiber of amyloid substance in parallel and appears red.
|Reagent composition||Main ingredient|
|1. Congo red solution||Congo red, Methanol|
|2. Alkaline alcohol solution||Potassium hydroxide|
|3. Hematoxylin solution (Mayer)||Hematoxylin|
|Under the polarizing microscope:|
|Amyloid protein||Yellow-green birefringence|
|Under the light microscope:|
|Amyloid, red blood cells, and elastic fibers||Light pink to red|
|The background||Yellowish pink|
1. Chinese Medical Association. Clinical technical operating specifications-pathology volumes [M]. People's Military Medical Publishing House.
2. Ling Qibo. Practical pathology special staining and histochemistry technology [M]. Guangdong Higher Education Press.
Please fill in the following information and we will process your inquiry as soon as possible.