Leprosy Bacillus Stain
- Product code: ACMBS-08
- Specifications: 4x100mL, 4x250mL (Box)
- Intended use: Mainly used for Mycobacterium staining (e.g. Leprosy bacillus) etc. acid-fast stain
- Store temperature: 5℃～30℃
- Expiry date: 24 Months
Mycobacterium such as Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium leprae are difficult to stain because of their lipoid capsule in the cell wall. However, once the lipoid capsule is stained with an enhanced dye such as carbolfuchsin, the newly formed compound will resist decolorization from acid-alcohol and retain the original color stained (red), which can be easily differentiated from other microorganisms that still adsorb the counter blue stain. Because the acid resistance of leprosy bacilli is relatively weak, it cannot decolorization with traditional 3% hydrochloric alcohol solution. It can only decolorization with low concentration of hydrochloric acid or dilute sulfuric acid, otherwise the red will easily be removed. This product uses low concentration of hydrochloric acid as a decolorization solution.
|Reagent composition||Main ingredient|
|1. Carbolfuchsin solution||Basic fuchsin, Phenol|
|2. Hydrochloric acid alcohol solution||Ethanol, Hydrochloric acid|
|3. Methylene blue solution||Methylene blue|
1. Li Wenzhong. Modern leprosy [M] Shanghai science and Technology Press, 2006.
2. People's Republic of China national health and Family Planning Commission of medical affairs authority. The clinical laboratory operating procedures M. Fourth edition. Beijing: People's Medical Publishing House, 2014.
Please fill in the following information and we will process your inquiry as soon as possible.