Weak Acid Fast Stain
- Product code: ACMBS-07
- Specifications: 4x100mL, 4x250mL (Box)
- Intended use: Used for acid-fast staining of weakly acidic bacteria such as Nocardia
- Store temperature: 5℃～30℃
- Expiry date: 24 Months
Acid-fast bacteria such as Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium leprae are difficult to stain because of their lipoid capsule in the cell wall. However, once the lipoid capsule is stained with an enhanced dye such as carbolfuchsin, the newly formed compound will resist decolorization from acid-alcohol and retain the original color stained (red), which can be easily differentiated from other microorganisms that still adsorb the counter blue stain. Because of Nocardia and other weak acid-fast bacteria their acid resistance is weak, the decolorizing force of the decolorization solution can not too strong, it can only decolorate with low concentration of hydrochloric acid or dilute sulfuric acid, otherwise the red is easily removed. This product uses low concentration of sulfuric acid as a decolorization solution.
|Reagent composition||Main ingredient|
|1. Carbolfuchsin solution||Basic fuchsin, Phenol|
|2. Sulfuric acid solution||Sulfuric acid|
|3. Methylene blue solution||Methylene blue|
1. People's Republic of China national health and Family Planning Commission of medical affairs authority.
2. The clinical laboratory operating procedures M. Fourth edition. Beijing: People's Medical Publishing House, 2014.
Please fill in the following information and we will process your inquiry as soon as possible.
Send Us a Request