Sample4 rxns ($21.6)
Sample4 rxns ($21.6)
Note: Purification Kits / Magnetic Beads / Extraction Kit / Isolation Kit / Virus / COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2
MBead Virus Genomic Nucleic Acid Kit was designed specifically for genomic DNA/RNA isolation from Virus samples. Its special buffer system will efficiently lyse cell and degrade protein, allowing for DNA/RNA to be easily bound by the surface of the magnetic beads. The other non-specific binding particles are removed with a wash buffer, and the genomic DNA/RNA is released from the beads by addition of a low ionic strength buffer and heat. Genomic DNA/RNA can be purified manually within 15 minutes (using most magnetic separators) or the kit can be easily adapted to satisfy most automated Nucleic Acid purification systems.
|Magnetic Bead||2 ml|
|Lysis Buffer||30 ml|
|Wash Buffer||80 ml|
|Release Buffer||20 ml|
1. Transfer up to 300 µl of the virus sample into a 1.5 ml microcentrifuge tube and add 300 µl of the Lysis Buffer.
2. Mix well and incubate at 65°C for 5 minutes. During this time, pre-heat the Release Buffer to 65°C for the Step 4.
3. Add 300 µl of the absolute EtOH to the lysate and mix well.
1. Add 20 µl of the Magnetic Beads. Mix well by gently shaking for 3 minutes.
2. Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 30 seconds.
3. Remove the solution (If the mixture becomes viscous, increase magnetic bead separtion time).
1. Add 800 µl of the Wash Buffer and mix well (Following the wash, the mixture will no longer be viscous).
2. Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 30 seconds. Remove the solution.
1. Add 200 µl of the Release Buffer (pre-heated to 65°C) and mix well.
2. Incubate for 3 minutes at 65°C (During the incubation, shake the tube vigorously every minute).
3. Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 1 minute.
4. Carefully transfer ONLY the clean portion of the solution to a clean tube.
Refer to the table below to troubleshoot problems that you may encounter when purifying the genomic DNA with the kit.
|DNA is sheared or degraded||Lysate mixed too vigorously||Use the appropriate pipette tip set. For the required volume, lower under the reading line of the solution to mix the sample. Pipet up and down gently to mix.|
|DNase contamination||Maintain a sterile environment while working (e.g. wear gloves and use DNase-free reagents).|
|Incomplete removal of the RNase||RNase A treatment|
|RNA containment||Incomplete lysis and homogenization||Reduce the amount of the starting material.|
|Low yields of gDNA||Incorrect handing of Magnetic Beads||Vortex the tube containing the magnetic beads to fully resuspend the beads before adding them to your sample.|
|Incorrect elution conditions||During the Elution Step, incubate at 65 ℃for 3 minutes, and vortex every minute.|
|The quality of the starting material may not be optimal||Use the fresh sample and process immediately after collection, or freeze the sample at -80℃or in liquid nitrogen.|
|High background on UV measurement||Residual beads released||Repeat magnetic separation and transfer the eluate to a clean tube|
Send Us a Request